½ cup pumpkin seeds*
½ cup walnuts* (preferably soaked/sprouted/dehydrated) **
½ cup shredded coconut*
¼ cup cacao powder*
¼ cup cacao nibs
¼ cup agave or more if you like it sweeter*
¼ cup tahini*
½ cup almond butter*
about 1 cup of shredded coconut for coating
1. In a food processor, pulse coarsely pumpkin seeds and walnut.
2. Add to the above: coconut, cacao powder and nibs and pulse a few times, leaving it slightly course.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix together agave, tahini, and almond butter until well incorporated.
4. Add the contents from food processor to the bowl and mix. Dough should be slightly firm and not too sticky.
5. Put shredded coconut for coating on a flat plate.
6. Use a small ice cream scooper and scoop out onto coconut plate, roll and coat the ball.
7. Put on plate and refrigerate to set. Keep in fridge until ready to eat.
*This recipe is very flexible and interchangeable with many other ingredients. Be sure to use all “raw” ingredients to make a true authentic raw dessert. If it doesn’t say raw, it’s probably not. For example, pay attention to the agave syrup. It must say raw agave or it’s not. And also buy organic.
Once you taste soaked/sprouted/dehydrated walnuts, you will never go back. Yummy! If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can still soak, drain and use as is however you may have a wetter, sticky dough and you can probably add some flaxseed meal to make it less sticky. Add a tablespoon at a time. Experiment and you will find your own recipe!