Use organic…raw…fresh…when possible
1 cup of soaked raw cashews for a couple of hours (although in a pinch, this step can be eliminated) discard water when ready to use
1 cups water
2 Tablespoons raw agave nectar (use more or less according to your sweet tooth)
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch himalayan salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup raisins or currants
Toppings/additions for pudding are optional: fruit/cacao nibs/crushed nuts/dark chocolate pieces/raisins/currants/shredded coconut, chopped nuts, cacao, etc.
blender (high speed preferably)
- Put all ingredients except chia seeds and raisins/currants and blend until as smooth as you can get stopping and scraping the blender with a spatula.
- In a serving glass bowl preferably with lid and large enough for all the contents, add chia seeds, raisins and 1/4 cup of the blender mixture and stir until well-incorporated. This will avoid clumps of chia seeds in the end product.
- Add the remaining blender ingredients and any other additional ingredients of your likening and stir. It should be a bit liquidity to allow the chia seeds to soak up the moisture and expand.
- Cover with lid and refrigerate for a few hours and serve chilled. If consistency is a bit thick. Add water and stir to your liking.
- You can eat as is or put toppings of choice. Enjoy!