Use organic…raw…fresh…when possible
2 cups of soaked raw almonds overnight, discard water
2 3/4 cups coconut shredded/dried (divide into two portions: 2 cups and 3/4 cup)
8-10 medjool dates, pitted and tear into halves (use more if you want sweeter taste)
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground powder ginger
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
Toppings for cereal are optional: fruit/cacao nibs/crushed nuts/dark chocolate pieces/raisins/currants/shredded coconut, etc.
dehydrator (you can skip the dehydrator and create a moist cereal or bars)
In food processor:
- Put almonds in food processor and process until as smooth as you can get stopping occasionally and scraping the bowl with a spatula.
- Add 2 cups of the coconut, all pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and process together until well incorporated, stopping occasionally and scraping the bowl with a spatula. Then empty contents in a large bowl.
- In the empty food processor bowl, add dates and 3/4 cups coconut and process until well-incorporated. Add 2 cups of the mixture from the large bowl and process. Keep adding as much from the large bowl as you can…a little at a time and process. The idea is to incorporate all ingredients. Then finally empty everything in the large bowl and mix with your hands one last time. Again incorporating all ingredients. The dates will make it a bit sticky which is good since it will hold everything together.
- Divide dough in half and place each half on a paraflex sheet and pat down to about 1/2 inch thick. You can make a large square or circle.
- Dehydrate for about 12 hours and then flip over for another 12 hours. This will vary according to your dehydrator. The idea is to dry one side and flip to try the other side. Break into pieces according to your likening and store in fridge in glass containers.
- You can eat as is or place in a bowl and add milk like almond, coconut, rice, etc.
- Enjoy with your favorite fruit or toppings.