Peppermint oil is derived from the peppermint plant and it has versatile uses. This is one essential oil that I travel with because of its many benefits. Peppermint oil comprises vitamins A and C, omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals including potassium, manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, and copper. The numerous health benefits of peppermint oil include its ability to treat several health problems.
Using the best quality pure peppermint oil you can find is the key. Main benefits from Peppermint include:
- irritable bowel syndrome
- muscle pain
- hair and skin
- bad breath
- pest control, i.e. ants, spiders, mice, etc.
PEPPERMINT COCONUT YUMMIES
* (check out my Favorite Things below for purchasing. Buy organic and raw whenever possible.)
1 batch of raw chocolate
1/4 cup cashews*
1/4 cup shredded coconut*
1/4 cup coconut oil…use raw if you can find it
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp pure food grade peppermint oil*
- In a food processor, grind cashews and shredded coconut together into a fine powder.
- Add coconut oil, peppermint oil, and honey, and pulse until combined.
- Scoop in a candy mold of your choice, or in a mini muffin pan or spread on parchment paper and smooth it with a spatula to about 1/2 inch thin square.
- Place in refrigerator to set/harden while you make the chocolate sauce.
- Once the cream has hardened, use a small spoon and drizzle the chocolate on each piece or spread a layer on the big square you created.
- Place back in fridge to set and then turn them over to drizzle more chocolate on all sides.
- Keep them refrigerated and enjoy! These will keep in the freezer for a week or two, and in the fridge for about three days.
1/4 cup coconut oil or cacao butter*
1/8 cup raw cacao powder*
1/2 tbsp honey or agave (optional)
- Put the coconut oil in a bowl, and place that bowl inside another bowl filled with warm water. This will allow the coconut oil to heat up just enough to melt, without killing the enzymes.
- Add the cacao powder and honey, and mix well.
- Voilà! Yummy Chocolate.
To learn more about Tina’s Favorite Things, click HERE
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult with your medical doctors for your health issues.