Use organic…raw…fresh…when possible
2 cups of soaked raw almonds overnight, discard water
2-3 cups water (Start with 2 cups at first and determine consistency)
10 medjool dates, pitted and cut into halves
1/2 tablespoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup extra virgin raw coconut oil
raw agave syrup to taste, approx 1/4 cup +
Add any or a combo of the following for texture: 1/2 cup of cherries/cacao nibs/crushed nuts/dark chocolate pieces/raisins/currants/shredded coconut, etc.
In food processor:
- Put almonds in food processor and process until as smooth as you can get.
- Add almond mixture, water (starting with 2 cups and adding if needed) and dates and process as smooth as you can get get it.
- Add remaining ingredients except texture ingredients and agave and blend all ingredients.
- Add agave according to your sweet taste.
In ice creamer maker:
- Pour in ice cream maker, stir in texture ingredients and prepare as per manufacturer’s directions.
In ice creamer maker alternative:
- Pour in a glass bowl like corning ware and place in freezer. Set timer for every 30 minutes and stir each time until you get a thick-like consistency.
- Enjoy right then or place a cover and freeze until you’re ready to eat.
- When you’re ready to eat, take out of freezer for about 20 minutes or until you like the consistency. I like mine on the softer, gelato-style.
Raw Chocolate Syrup
Yield 1 cup
3/4 cup raw agave syrup
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup extra virgin raw coconut oil
1/8 tsp plus a pinch salt
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender jar with a rubber spatula. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Will keep for 2 weeks. Once refrigerated, the syrup will need to be warmed before serving in order to obtain the proper consistency.