2 bunches kale –any variety…curly, Tuscan/lacinato, etc. washed and dried or 2-3 packages kale, washed and ready to go
Chipotle Cheese Sauce
In food processor, process the following:
1 c. cashew
1 c. sunflower seeds
½ red bell pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ c apple cider vinegar…add more if you like more tangy taste
6 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 T chipotle powder
½ t onion powder
½ t garlic powder
1 ¼ c water
- Remove the large center stem and discard, give to your guinea pigs, compost, etc. from kale leaves.
- Tear leaves into palm sized pieces place in large bowl
- Pour chipotle cheese sauce on chips and mix well
- Place on dehydrator sheets
- Dehydrate for at 115 degrees until desired crispiness is achieved. Usually it will take at least 4-6 hours depending on quantity and type of kale used.
- Eat them right off the dehydrator tray and try to save some for later.
It’s exciting to create new recipes. I would love to hear your thoughts to help refine this one. The chips definitely leave you with a zing with 1 tbsp chipotle.