Coconut Milk recipe without harmful additives/ingredients. Just water and coconut. That is all we need. Enjoy!
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, buy the best quality around and organic is the best. If you want, you can also use fresh.
- 6 cups boiled water
- Nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer (to purchase bag, go to “My Favorite Things” and tab: “Useful Gadgets”)
- Place the coconut in a large bowl and pour water over the coconut.
- Let soak for about half an hour to an hour.
- Cool it down and place about half of the water/coconut mix into a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture into the nut milk bag or strainer placed over a bowl. Squeeze the bag until you get all of the liquid out of the coconut. If you’re using a strainer, pour through the strainer and gently press to get as much of the milk out as possible.
- You can use the pulp for making crackers, baking or discard the coconut pulp and repeat with the remaining coconut and water.
Pour the strained milk into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week. Shake well before using.
If you want thicker coconut milk and more creamy, then use less boiled water in the recipe.